Doing yoga exercises are good to keep yourself healthy and secure your body from various health issues. Here are seven yoga poses to try to get relief from gas and constipation.
When you consume too much of dietary fiber, it becomes difficult for your stomach to digest and therefore problems like indigestion, gas and constipation arise. Decreased bowel movements, thus, creates pain & uneasiness in the stomach. In some cases, the condition persists for a couple of weeks, it may be a sign of serious damage to the excretory system.
Yoga is the best therapy for holistic wellness where it can provide utmost relief in almost all sorts of health problems. Someone who practices yoga every day is highly unlikely to get ill. However, a healthy lifestyle and clean food habits are equally important. Here are 7 effective Yoga exercises to relieve gas and constipation issues.
1. Dhanurasana – Bow Pose
- Lie down in the prone position with your belly on the ground.
- Bend your knees upwards and try to hold your right ankle with your right hand and left ankle with your left hand.
- Remain in this position for as long as you can and try to balance your body.
- Slowly come back to the resting position.
2. Ardha Matsyendrasana – Half Spinal Seated Twist
- Sit straight and stretch your legs out. Join your feet together and ensure that your spine is completely erect.
- Bend your left leg in a way that the ankle or your foot touches the right hip.
- Now, place the right leg over the left knee.
- Twist your neck, shoulder and waist towards the right side.
- Make sure to keep your spine erect all this while.
- Repeat the steps on the other side.
3. Malasana – Buddha squat
- Stand erect and distance your feet from each other wider than the usual.
- Hold your hands in the prayer position and bend with your hips like doing a squat.
- Press elbows to your knees.
- Stay in this position for as long as you can.
4. Balasana – Child’s Pose
- Do a seated posture and start shifting your hips in the direction of your heels.
- Draw your knees wider.
- Stretch your right arm and left arm out in front of you.
- Keep your belly in between the thighs.
- Press your forehead into the yoga mat.
- Now, press the hands down to the mat and start lifting into downward facing.
Also read: Get Rid of Migraine and Headache with These 3 Simple Yoga Poses
5. Baddha Konasana – Cobbler’s Pose
- Start with a seated posture.
- Bend your knees a little and bring your feet together.
- Bring both the hands to the feet.
- Get a seated forward bend and hold your feet with hands as if you are holding a book.
6. Parivritta Utkatasana – Revolved Chair
- Do a mountain pose and keep your feet firm.
- Sink your thighs and hips and bend your pelvis in the forward direction.
- Lift your arms and chest.
- Bring your hands to the center of your chest.
- Breathe in and lengthen your spine.
- Breathe out and bring your right elbow to your left knee. Let your left arm in the pointing upward direction.
- While you are in a steady position, bend your knees.
- Repeat the same with the other side.
Also Read: Ancient Yoga Breathing Techniques to Aid Digestion
7. Parivrtta Baddha Anjaneyasana – Bounded Lunge Twist
- Put your left leg forward and start with a crescent lunge.
- Pull the body forward in the direction of your left leg.
- Now, move your body in the left direction.
- Place your left arm behind your back.
- Place the right arm under your left thigh.
- Now, join both hands.
Read more on Yoga
Written by: Chanchal
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 14, 2019